Pageants and Leadership
Coming Up Next.....
Ongoing - City Queen Open Call Opportunity
A $20 fee registers you (or your contestant) for the opportunity to start representing your hometown community with a real HeartShine crown and sash without needing to attend live pageant!
Offer is contingent on successful interview.
City Queen Process:
1. Submit your Opportunity fee ($20), see "Store" tab
2. Schedule your in-person or video chat interview time that works for you!
3. Interview with an actual HeartShine director! Answer questions about your hopes and dreams, your personality, and your goals of community service. Don't be nervous - these interviews are fun and easy!
4. Upon confirmation email following the interview, submit your City Queen Conformation fee ($40). (full City Queen title fee is $60) In rare cases, an interview will not be successful.
5. Your crown and sash will be delivered via mail in 3-4 weeks! Start representing and receive access to HeartShine's full community service calendar (as is age-appropriate).
HeartShine offers four levels of pageant experience: Fundraiser Pageants/CIty Queen Pageants, Themed pageants, State and National level pageant events
Pageants By Experience-Level
are simple, no-experience needed special events designed as a special charity event for an organization. They require only ONE outfit from start to finish and generally cost less than $100 to compete. Fundraiser Pageants include events like our Miss Courageous (Differently-abled), Summer-Harvest Pageant Events (aka Pageant in the Park), and the Gold Nugget Baby Contest.
are entry-level experiences that may require up to two outfits, and may offer limited "optional" contests such as Talent or Photogenic. These are excellent practice for State. They cost only $50 or $75 to compete, and are great for beginners who have never competed in a pageant before. Similarly, they require only three basic judged portions of overall competition which, typically, are: the Personal Introduction, the On-Stage Presentation, and On-Stage Question. However, each theme pageant is a little different, so look for more information on the specific Theme pageant you're interested in. Annual themed pageants include Mini-Miss California/Nevada, , Miss Peach Festival, Little Miss Peach Blossom, Miss Fourth of July, and Miss Sierra Nevada.
offer exclusive title packages and experiences that often take place over a three-day weekend . They are involved, competitive, and extraordinarily fun. Stat and National level pageants are the only level of HeartShine competition that offers the opportunity to win Scholarship for titleholders. Optional contests, sisterhood-building leadership activities, and resume-building community service titles are all a part of State pageants. State-level pageants require multiple outfit changes, preparation, and pre-registration. A short Personal Introduction, On-Stage Formal Walk in a full-length formal gown, Interview, and other segments of competition instill real-world skills in the contestants and offer unique leadership and friendship opportunities.